1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY PREFERENCES
3. HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
4. DATA RETENTION
5. CHOICE / OPT OUT
6. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7. COOKIE AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
10. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
12. PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a visitor to the Site, you can engage in many activities without providing any Personal Information.
However, when you register to use a Blaines website and order products or services as a Blaines subscriber in order to provide the services to you, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
Contact information such as your name, phone numbers, address and email address; and
Profile data, including your username and password, details about your purchases.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
As is true of most websites, when you use the Site, Blaines or third-party sub processors contracted by Blaines may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the Site and its services. Blaines also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Site. To better understand the needs of our visitors to the Site we may occasionally match such information with your Personal Information.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY PREFERENCES
Upon request Blaines will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information.
You have the right to access and correct or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time.
To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond to your request promptly within a reasonable timeframe.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
Blaines may use this information to:
• Process your financial transactions.
• Send you order confirmations.
• Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns.
• Administer your account.
• Send you requested product or service information.
• Keep you informed about special offers and services of Blaines and selected third parties.
• Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms of Service.
• Meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Site, services and offerings; and
• Customize your experience, including targeting our services and offerings to you.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files and/or third-party sources to create a summary of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information, and/or your membership usage history, to information in the summary, to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers, to improve the content of the site for you and/or to determine your preferences.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, your information is needed to provide you services, or as required to fulfil our legal obligations. If you wish to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
CHOICE / OPT OUT
You may "opt out" of receiving email updates, and newsletters from Blaines by clicking on the "My Account" link on the Site and making the appropriate selections. The choice to opt out of such communications is also generally available during the sign-up process. Blaines will still contact you when there are changes to the Terms of Service. In addition, we will still send you service-related announcements including, but not limited to, a registration email, benefit notification emails, emails automatically triggered by actions you took on the Site and bill related notices. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you wish not to receive them, you have the option of deactivating your account.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the Site is protected in several ways.
• Access by you to your account profile is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. You should strive to use a strong, alpha-numeric password which you should not divulge to anyone.
• Your Personal Information resides on secure servers that only selected Blaines personnel and contractors have access to via password.
• Your Personal Information is encrypted whenever it is transmitted to Blaines.
We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we consider the sensitivity of the Personal Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology to use these measures protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
COOKIE AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
The Site may automatically collect information as you browse, such as Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and provide site functionality.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Blaines, analytics services and service to provide site features and functionality. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
• We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not enter information on this site or engage our services. If you believe a child of yours under the age of 18 has entered Personal Information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the data removed and terminate the child's account.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information.
To the extent that Blaines processing of your Personal Data is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, Blaines relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Where Blaines processes certain Personal Data for Blaines own direct marketing purposes, you have a right to object to Blaines use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time by clicking on the link, "My Account" and opting out from receiving all email.